The Mission of the Community & Business Relations Department is to develop and implement community base strategies to enhance economic opportunities, to build strong neighborhoods and ensure an outstanding framework for quality growth and development for the Village. Also to foster a vibrant, prosperous and growing Village of Hazel Crest through extraordinary community service.
- Transformed senior room to use as a meeting room
- Hired and managed a successful summer youth work program (S.O.L.E.)
- Coordinated the Hazelnut Festival and Parade with over 350 participants in the Parade
- Coordinated two Vietnam “50 Commemorative” events with over 200 attendees
- Redesigned and composed the Hazel Crest Villager & E-Newsletter
- Coordinated several alley clean-ups in Hazel Crest Proper
- Coordinated the Beautification Awards and the Village tag-line
- Increased senior citizen activities
- Coordinated the Vietnam Moving Wall for a viewing of five-days/24 hours a day with two ceremonies with an attendance of over 5,000 people
- Village liaison for resident concerns
- Worked with Cable Coordinator to coordinate interviews, public announcements and informational material.
- Managed the PACE Van service for seniors and handicap residents.
- Increased usage of the van service by residents.
- Coordinated the Village wide electronic disposal day in conjunction with the Earth Day Celebration & Village clean up day.
- Work closer with the cable coordinator to maintain a schedule and increase programs.
- Coordinate a special event to end the Village three year commitment to the Vietnam 50th Commemorative.
- Promote and increase awareness of public knowledge through seminars, written communications and special events
- Work to strengthen the Homeowner/Civic Associations
- Work to strengthen the Village Commissions
- Explore funding to obtain another PACE van
- Continue to expand Hazelnut Festival and Hazelnut Parade
- Continue to expand senior activities
- Create activities for the youth
- Continue to be a Village liaison for residents with concerns
- Coordinate a Summer Educational Enrichment Program for Village youth