Department of Personnel Services Mission Statement
It is the mission of the human resources/office department to provide effective human resource management and fiscal support by developing and implementing policies, programs and services that contribute to the attainment of Village and employee goals by:
- Properly balancing the needs of the employees and the needs of the Village.
- Ensuring a diverse workforce in a safe and discrimination/harassment free environment by: maintaining compliance with employment laws and government regulations, providing management and employee training, and developing policies and procedures.
- Providing training and development in areas of: effective leadership and career development of employees, employment law and government regulation, and litigation avoidance.
- Hiring the most qualified employees by: pre-planning staffing needs, ensuring an effective internal interview process, increasing Village visibility, identifying the best and most cost effective recruitment sources, and conducting thorough background and reference checks.
- Retaining our valued employees by: assuring effective leadership qualities in our managers; providing competitive wages and benefits; furnishing technical, interpersonal and career development training and coaching; conducting exit interviews and supplying relevant feedback to the Village manager; and enhancing two-way communication between employees and management.