This is a separate program provided by the private hauler, Homewood Disposal Service. The collection occurs weekly on Monday which is your regularly scheduled day. The intent of this program is to help residents protect the environment by responsibly recycling branch debris. This program excludes: tree trunks, whole bushes or root balls.
Specific guidelines of the program are listed below:
- Branch bundles should be easy to lift by one person.
- Individual branches must not exceed three inches (3″) in diameter.
- Each bundle should not exceed one foot in diameter and less than 4 feet in length.
- Pre-paid stickers are not required to be placed on each bundle.
- Branch bundles properly sized and securely tied with biodegradable natural twine should be placed at the curb in front of residence for collection.
Note: The Bundled Branch Collection Program is separate and does not replace the Homewood Disposal Yard Waste Program (grass clippings and leaves). Residents are required to place pre-paid yard waste stickers on each 33-gallon biodegradable yard waste bag.
Christmas Tree Collection
Homewood Disposal Service annually collects Christmas trees during the first two weeks in January. Please place your Christmas trees at the location of your regular collection pickup. Trees must be devoid of any ornaments, tinsel, garland or plastic/fabric bag wrap. Other holiday decorations, such as wreaths and garland may be bagged with garbage and set out as refuse.