COVID-19 Update – March 17, 2020
Guidelines for Village of Hazel Crest (Residents)
Greetings, Village of Hazel Crest Residents and Customers:
The safety of our residents, employees and customers is the Village of Hazel Crest’s top priority and we are taking actions to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus). We will work closely with local, state and federal agencies to monitor the situation and respond in accordance.
Recently, President Trump issued new guidelines to help slow the spread of the COVID-19. In addition, Governor Pritzker has issued Executive Order Number 7 which imposes mandated closure of on-site consumption for restaurants and bars and imposed the new attendance figure of greater than 50 participants for event cancellation.
In response to the rapidly changing news related to the spread of the Coronavirus, the Village of Hazel Crest will implement the following safety measures.
- NO PUBLIC ACCESS TO MUNICIPAL FACILITIES – Effective Wednesday, March 18th. To help promote social distancing, the public will not be allowed access to municipal facilities.
- Village staff will remain available during regular hours of operations to answer calls at 708-335-9600.
- Residents and customers that require in-person service should call in advance to make an appointment.
- March 24th Board Meeting Cancelled – The March 24th Administrative and Regular Board Meetings are cancelled.
- Cancellation Of ALL Village Events – All events and room rentals scheduled at municipal facilities are cancelled until March 30th. After March 30th we will re-evaluate the current conditions.
- Water Service Payments – We’re asking Residents to pay their water bills online by visiting the Village’s website (org) or payments can be placed inside the drop box located at the Village of Hazel Crest Municipal Center (3601 W. 183rd Street). Until further notice, the Village will not disconnect residents’ water service.
- Meter Installation – Until further notice the Public Works Department is suspending all meter installations, in-home testing, and any other person to person contact with residents.
- Limited Inspections – Until further notice the Inspectional Services Department will only conduct emergency inspections, exterior property maintenance inspection, and limited commercial inspections.
- Village is delaying the following: in-house appointments, including rental, point of sales, residential building permits, interior property maintenance and other in-home / interior confined quarters inspections will be postponed until further notice.
- Police and Fire Departments – Hazel Crest Police and Fire Departments are considered essential personnel services. These Departments have implemented measures to help protect their staff and residents. Therefore, residents should continue to utilize emergency services as needed.
- COVID-19 News and Information – Residents and employees should refer to reliable sources for accurate information.
- Illinois Department of Public Health – COVID -19 resources: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/faq.html
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention – COVID – 19 resources: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html
- Village of Hazel Crest – COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Information – https://villageofhazelcrest.org/covid-19-coronavirus-information/
- City of Chicago – COVID- 19 – resources: https://www.chicago.gov/city/en/sites/covid-19/home.html
- General Questions – For general questions about COVID-19, residents and staff should contact the Illinois Department of Public Health COVID-19 Hotline at 1-800-889-3931 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
As news related to COVID-19 changes we will review and adjust the measures implemented. If you have questions please contact the Village of Hazel Crest Administrative Staff at 708-335-9600.
Stay safe, stay smart & stay kind!
Village Manager, Village of Hazel Crest
COVID-19 General Prevention