March 19, 2020
Guidelines for Village of Hazel Crest (Residents)
Greetings, Village of Hazel Crest Community:
Federal, state, and local jurisdictions are implementing drastic measures in response to the public health emergency of coronavirus. Hazel Crest Village government continues to monitor this fast-changing national emergency and will continue to prioritize above all the health and safety of our residents and staff. To that end, we are updating our COVID-19 guidelines.
Effective Friday, March 20th – All non-emergency services will be temporarily placed on hold.
Special Board Meeting – On Friday, March 20th @ 6 PM, Village President, Clerk and Board of Trustees will convene for a Special Board Meeting at which President Alsberry will announce a Declaration of Local State of Emergency. Remote access will be available for this meeting – Dial: 605-313-4476 | Enter access Code: 696-080
Information on Generals Services for residents during office closures and staff reduction.
- If residents require immediate assistance with general services during office closure, they are to contact Police Department’s non-emergency phone number (708) 335-9640.
- Continuation of Emergency Services – The following critical emergency services will continue: Police, Fire, Public Works.
- Resident will have the option of making water bill payments online or using the drop box located at the Village of Hazel Crest Municipal Center. Until further notice, water service will not be discontinued for any resident.
- The voice message on the Village’s main phone line will be update with additional instructions for residents regarding closure of municipal facilities, how to make payments on their water bills, and how to leave a message for a specific department. Messages left for specific departments will be responded to within 24 hours.
- We encourage residents to download the Village Hazel Crest Smartphone Application as a great tool to keep up on news, information and to report concerns directly to staff.
News and Information
- COVID-19 News and Information – Residents and employees should refer to reliable sources for accurate information.
- Illinois Department of Public Health – COVID -19 resources: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/faq.html
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention – COVID – 19 resources: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html
- Village of Hazel Crest – COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Information – https://villageofhazelcrest.org/covid-19-coronavirus-information/
- City of Chicago – COVID- 19 – resources: https://www.chicago.gov/city/en/sites/covid-19/home.html
Stay safe, stay smart & stay kind!
Village Manager, Village of Hazel Crest