Halloween Safety Tips
Village Trick-or-Treat hours are 3:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Please comply with the following tips to ensure children have a fun and safe Halloween.
- Children younger than 12 should trick-or-treat with an adult. Cross streets at corners following traffic signals and using crosswalks.
- Instruct children to look left, right and left again when crossing the street. Walk – DON’T RUN – across the street.
- Teach children not to cross between parked cars and never dart out into the street. Watch for cars that are backing up or turning.
- Children younger than 12 should not be out at night without adult supervision. Children 13 and older who are mature enough to be out without an adult should trick-or-treat in groups and stick to familiar, well lit areas.
- When selecting a costume, make sure it is the correct size to prevent tripping and falling.
- Decorate costumes and collection bags with reflective tape or stickers and, if possible, choose light colors.
- Choose face paint and makeup whenever possible instead of using masks that can obstruct a child’s vision.
- Have children carry glow sticks or flashlights to help them see and be seen by drivers.
- Check treats for signs of tampering before allowing children to eat them.
- Remind children to eat only treats in the original, unopened wrappers.