Hillcrest High School Celebrates Early Graduates
Hillcrest High School celebrated its early graduates on Friday, December 3, 2021, with a special graduation ceremony. Unlike a traditional ceremony, the 13 early graduates had the opportunity to give a presentation where they discussed their time at Hillcrest, post-secondary plans, and any advice they would give to incoming students.
Family and staff members were invited to the ceremony and had the pleasure of hearing from students and cheering them on. After the presentation, students were able to celebrate with a meal and treats provided by the school.
While graduates all had their own unique advice and perspectives to share, many of the students shared similar advice.
Principal Clinton Alexander was so impressed by the presentations that he asked students to create a video sharing their advice. He hopes to show the video to incoming freshmen students during orientation.
He also reminded students to come back and visit the school to share their good news as they accomplish their goals and grow outside of high school.
Congratulations to the below Hillcrest High School early graduates:
- Jazmin Aguirre – Navy and Art Business
- Marcus Anderson – Accounting
- Tyrie Griffin – (did not present)
- DeKyra Henderson – Entrepreneurship
- Jamar Holiday – Automotive Welding
- Tanajya Jefferson – (did not present)
- Mica Key – Psychology and/or Writing
- Arjel Matthews – Barber, Medicine, Army, or Youtube Influencer
- Christiana Popoola – Delivery Nurse/Nursing
- Arianna Robinson – Nursing and/or Business
- Keria Small – CNA then Pediatrician
- Dezarae Vauters – Navy and Estetician