Permit Process General Information 2022
- If a contractor is used by the owner to perform any work, the contractor must be registered in the Village of Hazel Crest before starting any work.
- A permit is needed on certain types of home improvements, whether performed by the homeowner or a contractor.
- It is the responsibility of the homeowner to be sure that a building permit is obtained prior to the start of work. Also, plan ahead, allow 7 to 10 days to process the permit.
- New residences
- Garages and sheds
- Central Air Conditioning
- All work requiring the pouring of concrete
- Electrical Service changes
- Swimming pools (permanent installation)
- Fences, porches, patios, and driveways.
- A copy of your Plat of Survey (normally obtained at your closing)
- Application forms filled out
- Pertinent drawings, blueprints
Solar Panel Benefits & Procedures
SolSmart has work together, with the Mayors Caucus leading over 35 communities, to earn SolSmart designation. Hazel Crest’s Inspectional Services Department, being on the leading edge of conservation, is providing the following “Solar Energy Resources” with information on the financial and environmental advantages to implementing solar energy usage in your home. Please CLICK on the links below for more information on obtaining solar panels for your home or business.
When does a homeowner need a Building Permit?First, check with Hazel Crest Inspectional Services to make sure a permit is required. Failure to obtain a building permit could result in a fine.
The most common types of home improvements that require permits, whether the work is performed by the homeowner or a contractor:
*Before beginning a project not listed above, it is still important to check with Inspectional Services just to make sure if a permit is or is not required.
What you’ll need to obtain a Permit
Why are permits required?
So that Inspectional Services may inspect the job for safety, zoning compliance, sound construction, and building code compliance. Building codes and building permits help protect the health, safety, and general welfare of residents of the community. Likewise, by requiring that the homeowner use a Village-registered contractor, the Village is helping to insure that the work is being done properly and that the homeowner is being protected.
The Department of Inspectional Services is located at the Village Hall, 3601 W. 183rd St. Hazel Crest, IL 60429. The phone number is 335-9600. We are open Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Job Opening for: VILLAGE OF HAZEL CREST BUILDING INSPECTOR / PLUMBING INSPECTOR