The Public Works Department handles:
- water distribution, wastewater collection, stormwater collection and detention.
- maintenance of most public streets and sidewalks, traffic signals, traffic control signs and street signs.
- maintains the Village’s fleet, buildings and grounds.
- Sustainability initiatives.
The Public Works Department plans and oversees infrastructure construction projects such as
- water main replacements.
- sanitary sewer line reconstructions.
- street overlays.
For more information, please feel free to contact the Public Works Department at (708) 335-9600, extension 200, or email@example.com
Lead Service Line Inventory Project
The Village of Hazel Crest is committed to providing clean, safe water for all residents.
That’s why Hazel Crest is working to identify the location of lead service lines, which bring water from the village’s water main to your home.
In the State of Illinois, water samples are routinely collected and tested to ensure that lead and copper levels are below the regulated standard. Although Hazel Crest is currently in compliance with state water quality requirements, the village is taking proactive steps to identify the location of lead service lines.
For more information about the Lead Service Line Inventory Project click here.