Stink Bug Season Begins: Here’s How to get Rid of Them
When coming in contact with a stink bug, people should always wear gloves because stink bug chemical secretion can irritate skin or eyes.
How to get rid of stink bugs:
- For home invasion issues, ensure all windows, doors, ducts and attic overhangs are sealed to prevent entry
- Pyrethroid pesticides labeled for structural use may aid in outdoor control
- Bugs can be vacuumed into a shop vac filled with soapy water and discarded
- Sweep, don’t squish: If stink bugs have found their way into your home, sweep them with a broom and dustpan.
- Do not squish stink bugs — the glands between their legs omit an odor when smashed.